general uk focus
Practice Areas – Proelium Law
Whilst we have a clear international focus for our clients, our UK-facing work is equally important. The UK remains a major service provider to the overseas markets across security, defence, international development and insurance.
General UK Focus
While many of our clients operate in high-risk overseas jurisdictions, we have clients who are UK-based but who provide knowledge or services into those markets also. Whether it is a company restructure, setting up a company or you have contractual disputes, our personal understanding of your industry helps us to get to the core of this issues quicker.
- Broad commercial and corporate legal advice in the areas of security, defence, international development and political risk
- Assisting firms to achieve regulatory and legal compliance within target markets in the UK
- Contractual disputes
- Legal representation of (UK) special forces, police and intelligence agencies accused of criminal acts, employment issues or involved in civil disputes
- Providing advice on legal risk management
- Litigation advice and specialist investigations
- Assisting companies to achieve under-writable status within the defence, security and development markets
- Criminal and regulatory law – representing companies and individuals who as a result of their job or position are alleged to have committed an offence or breached professional regulatory requirements.
Contact us to learn more about Proelium Law’s services
Practice Areas - further information
General UK Focus
High Risk Jurisdictions
We view our overseas markets as being either High-Risk Jurisdictions, or Complex Environments. We classify high-risk jurisdictions as those that have ongoing conflict (which could be full scale internal or external armed conflict), a significant insurgency or terrorist campaign, or countries around which piracy is prevalent.
We view our overseas markets as being either High-Risk Jurisdictions, or Complex Environments. We classify complex environments as those possessing characteristics such as:
- Medium to high levels of political violence or a significant risk of it occurring
- Financial complexity such as being listed as one of the top corrupt counties on the Transparency International website
- Recent history of human rights abuses
- There are post conflict reconstruction efforts in place in order to stabilise the country
- Significant cultural complexities that make business difficult
Proelium Law LLP
Proelium Law LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales No.OC411568.
Proelium Law LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 629608 (www.sra.org.uk)
VAT Registration No. 242 4002 59.