general uk focus
Practice Areas – Proelium Law
Whilst we have a clear international focus for our clients, our UK-facing work is equally important. The UK remains a major service provider to the overseas markets across security, defence, international development and insurance.
General UK Focus
While many of our clients operate in high-risk or complex overseas jurisdictions, our UK market is just as important. Whether it is drafting contracts, setting up or restructuring a company, a dispute with an individual or a company or a criminal matter, get in touch to discuss our intimate understanding of your industry ensuring we deliver in line with your needs quicker.
- Broad commercial and corporate legal advice in the areas of security, defence, international development and political risk
- Assisting firms to achieve regulatory and legal compliance within target markets in the UK
- Contractual disputes
- Legal representation of (UK) special forces, police and intelligence agencies accused of criminal acts, employment issues or involved in civil disputes
- Providing advice on legal risk management
- Litigation advice and specialist investigations
- Assisting companies to achieve under-writable status within the defence, security and development markets
- Criminal and regulatory law – representing companies and individuals who as a result of their job or position are alleged to have committed an offence or breached professional regulatory requirements.
Contact us to discuss your requirements and how we can help
Practice Areas - further information
General UK Focus
High Risk Jurisdictions
We view our overseas markets as being either High-Risk Jurisdictions, or Complex Environments. We classify high-risk jurisdictions as those that have ongoing conflict (which could be full scale internal or external armed conflict), a significant insurgency or terrorist campaign, or countries around which piracy is prevalent.
We view our overseas markets as being either High-Risk Jurisdictions, or Complex Environments. We classify complex environments as those possessing characteristics such as:
- Medium to high levels of political violence or a significant risk of it occurring
- Financial complexity such as being listed as one of the top corrupt counties on the Transparency International website
- Recent history of human rights abuses
- There are post conflict reconstruction efforts in place in order to stabilise the country
- Significant cultural complexities that make business difficult
Proelium Law LLP
Proelium Law LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales No.OC411568.
Proelium Law LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 629608 (www.sra.org.uk)
VAT Registration No. 242 4002 59.