We provide commercial services which are complementary to our legal practice, and that come from many decades of sensitive, specialist experience in international investigations and discreet governmental work.
Non-Legal and Specialist Services
Proelium Law is an Alternative Business Structure (or ABS). This means we can be a law firm providing traditional legal advice in our areas of specialism alongside other complementary offerings. For instance if you need a deep understanding of evidential issues and the legal complexity on a particularly sensitive matter, but the matter is in a high risk jurisdiction likely to require specialist skill sets, then it is worth speaking to us. Some of the specialisms Proelium Law can provide are:
- Physical and financial asset recovery, asset tracing, forensic accountancy and specialist investigations
- ‘Ground truth’ reporting in high-risk jurisdictions and complex environments
- Advice and guidance on achieving safety and security compliance, including the provision of advice on quality management systems
- Advice and strategy in the areas of justice (rule of law), counter-terrorism and security focusing on end-to-end and multi-agency solutions
- Cyber security; pre-breach advice and post-breach remedy
- The tracing/tracking of individuals and organisations globally, using technical and physical surveillance techniques, as a stand-alone service or to contribute towards enhanced due-diligence services
- Assisting companies to achieve under-writable status within the defence, security and development markets
Contact us to learn more about Proelium Law’s services
Practice Areas - further information
General UK Focus
High Risk Jurisdictions
We view our overseas markets as being either High-Risk Jurisdictions, or Complex Environments. We classify high-risk jurisdictions as those that have ongoing conflict (which could be full scale internal or external armed conflict), a significant insurgency or terrorist campaign, or countries around which piracy is prevalent.
We view our overseas markets as being either High-Risk Jurisdictions, or Complex Environments. We classify complex environments as those possessing characteristics such as:
- Medium to high levels of political violence or a significant risk of it occurring
- Financial complexity such as being listed as one of the top corrupt counties on the Transparency International website
- Recent history of human rights abuses
- There are post conflict reconstruction efforts in place in order to stabilise the country
- Significant cultural complexities that make business difficult
Proelium Law LLP
Proelium Law LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales No.OC411568.
Proelium Law LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 629608 (www.sra.org.uk)
VAT Registration No. 242 4002 59.