Non-legal and specialist services
Practice Areas – Proelium Law LLP
We provide commercial services which are complementary to our legal practice, and that come from many decades of sensitive, specialist experience in international investigations and discreet governmental work.
Non-Legal and Specialist Services
Proelium Law is an Alternative Business Structure (or ABS). This means we can be a law firm providing traditional legal advice in our areas of specialism alongside other complementary offerings. For instance if you need a deep understanding of evidential issues and the legal complexity on a particularly sensitive matter, but the matter is in a high risk jurisdiction likely to require specialist skill sets, then it is worth speaking to us. Some of the specialisms Proelium Law can provide are:
- Physical and financial asset recovery, asset tracing, forensic accountancy and specialist investigations
- ‘Ground truth’ reporting in high-risk jurisdictions and complex environments
- Advice and guidance on achieving safety and security compliance, including the provision of advice on quality management systems
- Advice and strategy in the areas of justice (rule of law), counter-terrorism and security focusing on end-to-end and multi-agency solutions
- Cyber security; pre-breach advice and post-breach remedy
- The tracing/tracking of individuals and organisations globally, using technical and physical surveillance techniques, as a stand-alone service or to contribute towards enhanced due-diligence services
- Assisting companies to achieve under-writable status within the defence, security and development markets
Contact us to learn more about Proelium Law’s services
Practice Areas - further information
General UK Focus
High Risk Jurisdictions
We view our overseas markets as being either High-Risk Jurisdictions, or Complex Environments. We classify high-risk jurisdictions as those that have ongoing conflict (which could be full scale internal or external armed conflict), a significant insurgency or terrorist campaign, or countries around which piracy is prevalent.
We view our overseas markets as being either High-Risk Jurisdictions, or Complex Environments. We classify complex environments as those possessing characteristics such as:
- Medium to high levels of political violence or a significant risk of it occurring
- Financial complexity such as being listed as one of the top corrupt counties on the Transparency International website
- Recent history of human rights abuses
- There are post conflict reconstruction efforts in place in order to stabilise the country
- Significant cultural complexities that make business difficult
Proelium Law LLP
Proelium Law LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales No.OC411568.
Proelium Law LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 629608 (www.sra.org.uk)
VAT Registration No. 242 4002 59.