Proelium Law LLP was originally founded in 2015 and we offer internationally focused legal support centred on high-risk and complex jurisdictions. Proelium’s central values are Integrity and Empathy.
Practice Areas – What We Do
Set up as an ‘Alternative Business Structure’ (ABS), Proelium Law LLP is a law firm with a difference. In broad terms, we provide legal advice to clients in the following areas of law:
- Public and private international law
- Domestic and international commercial and corporate law
- Criminal, regulatory and civil law
We provide this legal capability for clients whether they are based in the UK or other countries and/or operate or are solely based in high risk jurisdictions or complex environments. As an ABS we can offer complementary, non-legal services also. Consequently Proelium Law LLP can provide highly specialist and niche risk-related skill sets in addition to our legal services.
The legal and business advice we provide is grouped by:
For more information follow the links above or those listed in the drop down menu in the top bar.
Examples of our work
- Advising companies (e.g. private security, defence, international development, insurers, tech companies) on the legal complexities of working in high risk and complex environments
- Litigation advice and support for companies engaged in disputes in high risk and complex environments
- General business and due diligence advice and services including specialist investigative services in difficult environments
- Criminal law advice and representation to individuals and companies operating in hostile environments
- Setting up companies and providing joint venture agreements within the security, defence and international development industries
- Employee and consultant contracts for those working in complex environments
- Ensuring Anti Money Laundering, Counter Terrorist Financing and Anti Bribery compliance for companies intending to do business in high risk areas
- Legal aspects of maritime security
- Legal advice on firearms import, export and licensing
Performance – How We Do It
Across our practice areas we seek to add value for our clients. In particular, Proelium Law LLP prides itself on:
- Delivering high quality advice
- Providing specific local knowledge
- Availability, accessibility and responsiveness of our staff
- Meeting deadlines and keeping commitments
- Understanding your objectives
- Accompanying advice with alternative options
- Up-front discussions on fees and timescales, with a focus on value for money
- Care and attention given to your work
Experience of high risk and complex jurisdictions worldwide, including:
Contact us to learn more about Proelium Law’s services
Practice Areas - further information
General UK Focus
High Risk Jurisdictions
We view our overseas markets as being either High-Risk Jurisdictions, or Complex Environments. We classify high-risk jurisdictions as those that have ongoing conflict (which could be full scale internal or external armed conflict), a significant insurgency or terrorist campaign, or countries around which piracy is prevalent.
We view our overseas markets as being either High-Risk Jurisdictions, or Complex Environments. We classify complex environments as those possessing characteristics such as:
- Medium to high levels of political violence or a significant risk of it occurring
- Financial complexity such as being listed as one of the top corrupt counties on the Transparency International website
- Recent history of human rights abuses
- There are post conflict reconstruction efforts in place in order to stabilise the country
- Significant cultural complexities that make business difficult
Proelium Law LLP
Proelium Law LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales No.OC411568.
Proelium Law LLP is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority No. 629608 (www.sra.org.uk)
VAT Registration No. 242 4002 59.