Adding Value and our Costs
Proelium Law LLP | The UK’s foremost legal authority on high-risk jurisdictions and specialist risk services
We often hear that people do not like the way that law firms charge their clients. We also know that law firms can sometimes take a lot while giving the bare minimum back. In this, as well as other areas, Proelium Law LLP chooses to be different. We take a non-traditional approach to costs and pricing and this page provides more information on how we view the subject.
Value vs Price
Our pricing policy concerns more than just the cash-value of the service. Proelium Law LLP goes to great lengths to show value and additional benefits as part of its offering.
How does Proelium Law LLP Add Value?
- Proelium Law LLP is a small and lean operation, allowing overheads to be kept to a minimum with the resultant savings being passed on to clients;
- The core of our team are acknowledged world leaders in their respective areas of law and discreet international investigations;
- As a law firm we stand by our findings – we don’t hide behind disclaimers on the quality of our work;
- Client/solicitor legal privilege can be invoked where appropriate, providing protection to communications where appropriate;
- Proelium Law LLP has an expansive global network of associates drawn from the specialist agencies, the legal profession, special operations forces and law-enforcement professionals of the UK and other countries;
- Reports are researched and compiled using a combination of legal insight with international evidence gathering expertise and geo-political understanding;
- For any legal matter, Proelium Law LLP is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (‘SRA’);
- Our activities are wholly governed by applicable laws and are of a high ethical standard;
- Routine communications between Proelium Law LLP and its clients are swift, reliable and secure;
- Based in the City, Proelium Law LLP is accessible for face-to-face meetings with clients based in London. Equally we will travel to you anywhere in the world as convenient;
- We communicate with clear, jargon-free English;
- Payment terms can be negotiated on a case by case basis;
- Payment can be made in $USD, €Euro or £GBP;
- Services are provided with the Proelium Law LLP Guarantee;
- Because we value our clients so highly, a partner of Proelium Law LLP is available 24/7;
- Proelium Law LLP prefers to keep costs transparent, always favouring a fixed-fee approach in contrast to the billable-hours policy favoured by other law firms;
- Proelium Law LLP adopts a phased approach to complex matters, ensuring that clients are in control of the cost and expectations are not abused at any stage;
- Proelium Law LLP prioritises client relationships highly, always seeking a partnering approach to issues;
- As a law firm we operates a tightly controlled Client Account to keep client monies safe.
Although we can’t guarantee the outcome of a legal case or an investigation, we do guarantee the quality of our work. Indeed we are confident enough to say that if we are not satisfied that we have achieved your expected outcomes, we will not charge.
Furthermore, guarantees to our clients are implicit in our regulation by the Law Society via the Solicitors Regualtion Authority and by the partners’ professional status (qualified solicitors and barristers).
Proelium Law LLP takes complaints extremely seriously and will expend significant energies on investigating and resolving them. Our complaints procedure can be found here and is also linked at the bottom of each page of our website.
Aimed principally at SMEs, Proelium Law LLP offers arrangements that make payment for its services as affordable as possible. This can mean payment being made over a period of months or payment being deferred for a period of time. Please ask us for more details.
We prefer to cost each matter individually often providing clients with a fixed-fee against which they can budget. We are mindful that research by the Legal Services Board identified that law firms who adopted a fixed-fee approach tended to offer the lowest prices on average.
However, we provide our hourly rates below and on request can also quote for daily rates. Our current hourly rates for legal work as of 1 December 2020, are:
Partner (Solicitor/Barrister) £295 + VAT.
Senior Solicitor/Barrister £240 + VAT.
Solicitor £185 + VAT.
Paralegal / Trainee Solicitor £140 + VAT.
Travel, where required we usually charge at 50% + VAT per hour of the fee earner travelling plus actual costs.
Disbursements, which are costs we incur in the course of assisting you such as court or notary fees, are charged usually on the basis of what they cost us. We do not add on to the cost of a disbursement.
Consultancy or investigations are costed on a case-by-case basis.