Proelium Law is a leading law firm based in the UK, specialising in corporate and commercial law, regulatory compliance, and due diligence services for clients operating in the defence and security industries, international development entities, tech, data, and cyber industries.
More often than not, dealing with complexity, operating internationally and frequently in high-risk or difficult jurisdictions across the globe and in the UK.
We are currently looking for a newly qualified to 1 year PQE Solicitor to join our team and contribute to our success.
As a Newly Qualified to 1 Year PQE Solicitor at Proelium Law, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a wide range of legal tasks and work closely with senior lawyers and consultants whilst managing your own caseload and interacting with clients. With your growing knowledge and skills and our focus on staying updated on relevant laws and regulations and industry activity, you will play a crucial role in providing sound legal advice to our clients.
You may also be required to represent clients in court proceedings and collaborate on complex cases with senior lawyers and partners. Additionally, as we continue to grow and expand our services, your contributions towards the firm’s future plans will be highly valued. We believe in developing our lawyers, not restricting them.
At Proelium Law, we understand the importance of gaining practical experience as a newly qualified solicitor. As such, you will have the opportunity to take on increasing responsibility and interact with clients, all while being supervised by one of our experienced partners.
Initially, you will be a focal point for routine legal assistance in all areas of law and business in which the company operates.
- Develop and produce, under guidance, legal advice and carry out drafting of legal documents.
- Prepare briefing notes and draft contracts, documents, letters and any other legal and non-legal documents.
- Research any pertinent legal and non-legal information needed. Provide the relevant references, including sources and footnotes as per the PL standard.
- Ensure the client files are up to date.
- When working on legal or non-legal matters, you should check in with clients that they are happy with the quality of the work provided and that you have met their needs and expectations.
- Routinely read and understand SRA requirements for regulated and non-regulated activities and ensure that you are not in breach of those requirements when working on a legal matter.
- After satisfactory completion of your probation period, you will be introduced to clients on an increasing basis and expected to work for them whilst remaining supervised by a partner.
- Other tasks as given.
We believe in providing a supportive and nurturing environment for our NQ Solicitors, where they can develop their skills and build upon their knowledge. If you are looking to make the most out of your qualifications and gain valuable experience in a variety of legal tasks, Proelium Law is the perfect place for you.
- Newly qualified to 1 year PQE Solicitor with a valid practicing certificate in England and Wales
- Relevant work experience in the defence (including military/government) and security, tech, data, and cyber industries will be viewed favourably
- Undergraduate degree in Law or Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) supported by Legal Practice Course (LPC) or successful completion of the Solicitors Qualifying Examination route and admitted to practise as a solicitor.
- Run legal matters for clients and communicate regularly with your supervising partner
- Make recommendations for change for the good of our clients and the firm
- Stay updated on developments in the defence and security, tech, data, and cyber industries
- Become familiar with the Manual of Procedures and company processes
- Contribute to the growth and success of Proelium Law through your expertise and skills
- Excellent (spoken and written) communication skills, including the ability to draft/edit a variety of written reports, studies, and other communications
- Ability to articulate complex legal ideas in a clear, concise style
- Fully proficient computer skills and use of relevant software including Adobe Acrobat, Office 365, Anti-Virus Software, various communications apps
- Previous experience with Practical Law or Lexis Nexus is preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to adapt to changing legal landscapes
- Ability to work collaboratively in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
- Strong sense of confidentiality and ability to work to strict security standards
- Positive attitude, problem-solving skills, and ability to take initiative in daily tasks
- Fluency in English is essential, but other language skills are highly valued
- Must be a UK resident or eligible to work in the UK
- Valid passport with a minimum of 6 months remaining
- Ability to travel without restrictions or limitations
- Capable of producing a basic disclosure document confirming no previous criminal convictions
- Able to pass United Kingdom Security Vetting at Counter Terrorist Check (CTC) and Security Check (SC) level
What We Expect
At Proelium Law, we are committed to excellence and ongoing growth. As a member of our team, we expect you to be dedicated to developing yourself and contributing to the success of our firm.
If you are passionate about your work and motivated by making a difference in the legal world, then we welcome you to join our team and work with us.
Joining Proelium Law as a Solicitor is not just about clocking in for a monthly salary, it’s about being part of a dynamic and driven team that strives for excellence every day.
We value diversity, professionalism, and dedication in our employees and we are excited to welcome new members who share these values.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the legal industry, then we encourage you to apply and be a part of our success story at Proelium Law.
Newly Qualified Solicitor (NQ) – commercial, corporate and regulatory law.
Day to day Adrian Powell then other Partners.
Permanent subject to a 3-month probationary period (which can be extended) and successful Counter Terrorist Checks and SC vetting (if required)
9am -5.30pm five days per week (full-time)
£ 30,000 per annum
LOCATION OF WORK:
Generally, remotely based at home (subject to having a strong and secure internet connection at the premises – IT equipment provided) but with the requirement to travel into an office location with sufficient notice to do so. The current office location is in London. From time to time, you may also be required and must be willing and capable of working from locations overseas including high-risk jurisdictions.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Application for Solicitor Position – [Your Name] by the application deadline of Friday 27th October 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further assessment. We look forward to hearing from you.